A holiday in Bormio with a stay in our Baita De Mario, enjoying the view directly to the piste in winter and to the greenery of the woods and the valleys in summer, will guarantee a unique and enjoyable experience.
How will you spend time with your family and friends? Bormio is full of attractions and sports to do.
Bormio: Green in Summer
If you prefer to have a holiday in Bormio in summer months, the Magnificent Land (as people call it here) and its surroundings is a perfect destination for you to practise various sport and leisure activities.
- Cycling: if you are an experienced cyclist or you just like bicycles, steep hills and cycle lanes of all levels are waiting for you.
- Mountain bike: you will be able to ride along alpine routes of a Stelvio National Park in the heart of green woods.
- E-bike: do you know this two-wheeled innovation? A bicycle with pedal assistance. Choose when you want to get some help and switch on the electric motor.
- Trenino rosso del Bernina: departure from Tirano, where you can get from Bormio just in two hours by bus. A cogwheel train goes up to the glacier of Bernina and arrives in Saint Moritz in Switzerland, letting you admire magnificent nature just sitting in your comfortable chair on a train.
- Summer skiing: you can ski also in summer in Valtellina: on the glacier of Stelvio, which is open from June to November.
- Nordic walking: born in Northern Europe, this discipline arrived in Italy too. It helps to fight with stress and is beneficial for the body. It consists of walking through the forests following the routes of various levels of difficulty.
- Bormio Golf Club: open every day from April to November. You will be able to play on a course with nine holes admiring spectacular mountain scenery.
Bormio: White in Winter
Do you like mountains in winter? Bormio is white in winter months covered with snow sparking in the sun. The landscape is just unforgettable. Discover the pastimes that we have in store for those who want to enjoy a week of skiing or a weekend in Valtellina.
- Skiing piste: go up to 3000 meters above the sea level and ski down to 1225 facing with the difference in altitude of 1775 metres.
- Snow Park: in Bormio 2000 you will find a 600 metres long area where you can practise snowboard and freestyle. There are routes of all the levels here.
- Ice-skating: in the Palazzo del Ghiaccio (Ice Palace) you will be able to skate on the ice which hosts important national competitions in ShortTrack, Italy.
- Snow-shoe hikes: do you prefer to walk on a tiptoe on snow? Here different winter excursions with snow-shoes are arranged, snow-shoe rental is available.
Bormio all year round
There are activities that one can enjoy all year round. There is always something to do in Bormio!
- Thermal centres: discover Bormio Terme, QC Terme Bagni Nuovi and QC Terme Bagni Vecchi and dedicate some time only for yourself. You deserve some rest after the whole day on the skiing pistes and after long walks in the mountains. Enjoy our hot thermal waters and have a relaxing day in comfort and well-being.
- Historical center: Bormio offers you calm walks in the city center where you can admire history from portals to medieval churches, from antique wineries to Civic Museum. We also advise you a visit to the factory of bitter liqueur Braulio.